The National Agricultural Science Fund (NASF), established to support basic and strategic research in agriculture, beside supporting, reviewing, monitoring and evaluation of the ongoing projects also initiated funding of new projects which were in the process of evaluation. During the year 2015-16, the NASF delivered five patents and 38 technologies.
Some of the important projects are –
- Phenomics of moisture deficit and low temperature in rice;
- double herbicide tolerant transgenic rice for weed management;
- development of transgenic pigeon-pea and chickpeas;
- dominant nuclear male sterility system in rice for hybrid seed production;
- development of genetically engineered vaccines against poultry viral disease;
- adaptive mechanism and capture breeding in hilsa;
- green fishing systems for the tropical seas;
- defense genes of tiger shrimp against bacteria and
- white spot syndrome virus besides several others.
Bibliography : India Year Book ( PUBLICATIONS DIVISION – GOI )